Renting Properties with Blackshaw
At Blackshaw we are passionate about creating memorable experiences through exceptional service and exceeding client expectations. When we manage your property, we do so as if it were our own.
We are a local, family-owned business, with over 2,500 properties under management right across the Canberra and Queanbeyan regions. With over 32 years’ experience servicing the Canberra community, we know what’s important when it comes to successful property management.
We believe in connecting people and families with the right property, to create lasting relationships between owners and tenants.
Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, you’ll feel right at home with our family.
Tips for Landlords
- Whether you've invested money in a rental property, or are renting out your own home, it is wise to be supported by expert property management.
- Attending to the small maintenance jobs around your property can save you money in the long run.
- Take the time to chat with your property manager to understand your rights, as well as those of your tenants.
Tips for Tenants
- Take the time to ensure all your paperwork is in order before applying for a property, including organising two or three references to support your application.
- Don’t apply for a property without first attending an open for inspection at the home. It is always better to view the property and take the opportunity to introduce yourself to the property manager face to face before submitting your application.
- If you are unsuccessful in your application, take the time to chat with the property manager about your needs and ask to be added to their database so that you can be notified of any suitable off-market opportunities.